Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Takin A Mental Health Day

What I wrote to a friend earlier last night  

"Lord. It's barely been a month since I've been gone but because I have no idea when I'm coming back home yet, I really miss everyone. Especially my nieces and my nephew. usually when I go away on trips I dont miss anyone because I am scrounging for as much freedom from them within the time span of my leave and return. But there is something so different about this trip. Today, even though I awoke early and went for a stroll and it was truly beautiful in Brooklyn, the moment I came home I went to sleep. I didnt want to eat. I just felt exhausted. I really think I'm depressed. I had these same symptoms when I was going through my divorce - but the difference is that I'm not sad at all. I feel pretty balanced. Im not even anti social. I just want to sleep all the fuckin time. All day all night I just wanna sleep. It's never been this bad before . . .  it could just be the year finally catchin up with me. My body is probably shitting out all the exhaustion I've made it hold in but it's been like 3 or 4 days. I feel like I'm on Night Quil all the time - that's how tired I am. The only good thing about mild depression is that it doesnt last always."
Im about to get up. Go get some coffee. Wash my clothes. buy some groceries to tide me over for the next few days and make every effort I can to stay out of the house till night time. Im actually thinkin of hittin up the Nuyo and entering the slam. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment