Friday, November 4, 2011

C is for muthafuckinCornball!

Before I really lean into the fussin like I am definitely going to do - we must ALL take a moment of celebration for my mentor's birthday! It's today and we wouldnt be reading about ME and this journey without her help and friendship and kindness. She's the bomb.com all by herself. Real talk. Much Love and Respect and Blessings to YOU Arlene.


Ok, lemme get on this man's helmet really quick - OK the Rapper. Jesus Christ. So, I had a show last night. My friend Ainsley asked me if I wanted to feature for an erotic slam. I told him sure, I could use the money. So I get all cute and Ainsley is like "you gonna invite old dude?" (by 'old dude' he means the Rapper) and I'm like "I dunno - I dont think so. he made it sound like he had hella work to do tonight." So, Ainsley talked me into at least textin him where I was gonna be.

Long story short. I get to the club. Its hella hood so I love it automatically (black people are so fuckin real and beautiful with it). It reminds me of Dorsey's Locker in Oakland. The crowd was intimate and had a "we all know each other" vibe. I was having hella fun. All of a sudden, I turned around and the Rapper is there and I remembered how handsome he is. He was smilin and I was smilin. We hugged and I thanked him for comin out.

So, After the show me and him chillin tryin to figure out what the next move is. I wanted to know if he had energy and time to hang OUT as in "No Negro, I am NOT going to your house." So he keep askin me what I wanna do and Im like "Love, Im not from here. I dont know what my options are, but Im down to hang out." And he was like "for real, what do you wanna do, what do you expect from the night?' And, Ok, when it comes to subliminal messages or people expectin me to read in between lines, I suck. I need the plain and simple truth and I wasnt gettin it from him. Usually when that happens I feel like it is because something about me isn't welcoming the truth in the conversation. So I smiled. I held his hand and said "Listen, I don't understand you at all and I really want to. I want to have a nice time with you tonight. I am not going to fuck you. So if that's the need that has to be met tonight, I might not be the one to talk to right now. So, I repeat - I don't have any expectations. I want to get to know you better. Do you have time for that tonight?" He said yes. He told me that he's not the type of dude that's just in it for the panties and that he wants to really spend the night getting to know me too. Then he told me his brother was with him. So I was like "well, I would feel uncomfortable getting in a car with two men that I do not know and going anywhere. Does your brother have a lady?" he said no. So me being the mackin as Mack that I am, I told the Rapper to give me five minutes. I went to the Bartender of the erotic venue. She is a very gorgeous womyn. Same height as me, Puertorican, Brazilian, and Spanish with high cheek bones and a sexy gap in her teeth. I talked to her and asked her to come out with us. She said yes. So, Im thinkin: the Brother can kick it with her, the Rapper can kick it with me, and Im not alone with two men. Problem solved!

So the Rapper takes us out to a totally empty club. I mean it's empty for New York - for reals. It was like 10 people there besides us. The Bartender is lookin at me like " Gurl, Nuh uhn!" and I put my arm around her shoulder, made her laugh and convinced her that its the people who make the place. The music was nice. I started dancin and the Rapper started dancin with me. I thought the atmosphere was perfect because we had nothin but space and time to chit-chat and get to know each other. So, when the Rapper goes to talk to a friend of his I sit down and the Brother (who is supposed to be mackin the Bartender) comes over and starts talkin to me. I'm hearin what he sayin, and after while its crystal clear that he comin on to me. I was like "so you know I'm here with your brother, right?" and then I look for the Rapper - he over there flirtin with the Bartender! My mind was like "what the hell kinda cornball ass games is these cats tryin to run?! Whatever it is I quit . . .  But I'mma teach em a lesson before I go!"

So, I play along with the Brother. I squeeze this cat for all types of info that I know the Rapper didn't want me to know about him - but I had to know what the Rapper's deal was just outta sheer curiosity! I'll just say: I had ideas, and his Brother confirmed them. Then after the conversation the Brother realized that he had JUST told me a bunch of shit he shouldn't have. He told me not to tell the Rapper and I looked at the Rapper and I got up from my seat and went in the back of the bar where there was a restaurant. I went there to calm down. There was a Jamaican chef back there and he and I started talkin and laughin. He said he wants to take me to a dance hall today but honestly, I dont have energy for anymore men before I leave. Anyway, the Chef makes me a nice meal to go. I stay in the kitchen with him and go through his spices and joke with him while he cooks. He was really fun with sneaky eyes and horrible teeth - but HELLA fun. So I get my plate and come back out to the bar. I see the Rapper still flirtin with the Bartender. The Brother aint talkin to nobody. He sittin at the bar drinkin & lookin like his dog died. So now, after takin a moment to laugh with the Chef, I'm calm enough to finish out the lesson.

I walk over to the Bartender. I whispered in her ear "so, i'm over it - how bout you?" she was like "Oh, I been over it for a while." I look at the Rapper, he lookin at me but has NO IDEA what I'm whisperin in the womyn's ear and I KNOW that he reeeaaaally wants to know. I smiled and whispered in her ear again "Hey, lemme get your number. Let's try this again tomorrow minus the men" when this beautiful womyn pulled out her phone and exchanged numbers with me. Then the Rapper felt ignored, like I wanted him to feel. He got up, like I needed him to do. And I whispered, "say, Love. Take me home? I do not feel comfortable goin with these two men at all. That's why I asked you to come with me. Let's just go. I dont even wanna say bye to these cats." She picked up her purse and was out the door with me within the next 7 seconds. I wish I had a camera to show yall the LOOK on the Rapper's face as he practically chased the two of us to her car! LMAO. So priceless. He knew when we got in that car we was gonna talk and boy DID we. LMAO. Now, I'mma kick it with her tonight. But I gotta make it an EARLY night cause I gotta go to Toronto, Canada FIRST thing in the mornin for a gig. Then as soon as I get back, I'm headed to DC to go to Germany!!! YAAAAY!

P.S. What a cornball the Rapper turned out to be! What kinda womyn did he take me for?
P.S.S Guess what - I got my days switched back and I'm not tired anymore!!! It's about to go DOWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment