Sunday, October 30, 2011

Quick Update

So from the looks of a website my dear friend and mentor Arlene has shown me on facebook, Kenya has is on the brink of a war. Not a game. Looks like it involves all types of red tape that may include hidden efforts to increase their dollar value and territory according to what I've read. I their efforts to do so they're a skin of the teeth measure away from declaring war on Somalia (if they already havent). War is not a term that Kenyans regularly use. I honestly dont know exactly what is going on because I am an American at the end of the day and that means that no matter what, I am almost always too ill read to give a clear read on the entire situation. But what I do know is that I am not going to Kenya no time soon!

So I am still in New York and it is snowing. I had no way of even considering to bring winter clothes because right now I am supposed to be in Kenya. I am not supposed to be on my way to Germany where it is even more freezing than New York. I have one pair of jeans and one Winter jacket. I have no scarf, no gloves, no mittens, and no way of knowing where the money for those things will come form but I am sure it will come.

I contacted a few places in Germany. A club owner or two acted as though they could not book me. They said they were booked in advance and I believe them. I also believe I'll wiggle my way in one way or another :-) At the end of the day, people are people and they'll see me and book me. Or someone else will.

No comments:

Post a Comment